- Seacare home
- OHS Legislation
- Resources for Health and Safety Representatives
- Psychological resilience and mental health
- Compensation Legislation
- Seafarers Safety Net Fund
- Permanent Impairment
- Seacare approved industry training courses
- Seafarers Act Commentary
- Statutory rates
- Alternate dispute resolution
- Forms & Publications
- Employer Reporting
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
On 11 April 2019 the Australian Government assumed a caretaker role, with an election to be held 18 May 2019.
Information on websites maintained by Comcare will be published in accordance with the Guidance on Caretaker Conventions until after the election and conclusion of the caretaker period.
Extension of time
(s72(1)(a), s73(1)(c) and s73A(1)(b))
A employer may make a request to the Seacare Authority seeking an extension of time to determine a claim for compensation. The request must be in writing (letter, facsimile or email) and must state the reasons for the request. The request must be received by the Seacare Authority before the end of the time limit for determining claims for compensation under s72, s73 or 73A.