- Seacare home
- Forms & Publications
Seafarers Act Commentary
The Seafarers Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Authority has commissioned a commentary on the Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1992 as a service for Seacare scheme participants.
The commentary has been prepared by Peter Sutherland, a Visiting Fellow at the ANU College of Law, using material from the 9th edition of the Annotated Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988, written by Peter Sutherland and John Ballard.
The Seafarers Act commentary is available for public access and includes:
- annotations of the Seafarers Act and the Transitional Act, organised on a section by section basis;
- full versions of Seacare workers’ compensation legislation and regulations;
- each edition of the Seacare Permanent Impairment Guide;
- case notes on all Court and Tribunal decisions under the Seafarers Act and the full text of all important decisions on the Act; and
- instruments issued in respect of the Seafarers Act.’