- Seacare home
- OHS Legislation
- Resources for Health and Safety Representatives
- Psychological resilience and mental health
- Compensation Legislation
- Seafarers Safety Net Fund
- Permanent Impairment
- Seacare approved industry training courses
- Seafarers Act Commentary
- Statutory rates
- Alternate dispute resolution
- Forms & Publications
- Employer Reporting
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
On 11 April 2019 the Australian Government assumed a caretaker role, with an election to be held 18 May 2019.
Information on websites maintained by Comcare will be published in accordance with the Guidance on Caretaker Conventions until after the election and conclusion of the caretaker period.
Seafarers Act Commentary
The Seafarers Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Authority has commissioned a commentary on the Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1992 as a service for Seacare scheme participants.
The commentary has been prepared by Peter Sutherland, a Visiting Fellow at the ANU College of Law, using material from the 9th edition of the Annotated Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988, written by Peter Sutherland and John Ballard.
The Seafarers Act commentary is available for public access and includes:
- annotations of the Seafarers Act and the Transitional Act, organised on a section by section basis;
- full versions of Seacare workers’ compensation legislation and regulations;
- each edition of the Seacare Permanent Impairment Guide;
- case notes on all Court and Tribunal decisions under the Seafarers Act and the full text of all important decisions on the Act; and
- instruments issued in respect of the Seafarers Act.’