- Seacare home
- Compensation Legislation
- Seafarers Safety Net Fund
- Permanent Impairment
- Seacare approved industry training courses
- Seafarers Act Commentary
- Statutory rates
- Forms & Publications
- Employer Reporting
- Department of employment
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
The Seacare Conference is a showcase event for the Seacare Authority and maritime industry. It provides an opportunity for employers, operators, seafarers and other industry stakeholders to gather and learn about best practice approaches and to celebrate the achievements of the industry.
This year’s conference was held on 11 September 2014 at the Melbourne Convention Centre. The Seacare Conference provides a forum to examine the issues confronting the industry and scheme, as well as to share information and learn about best practice approaches in workplace health, safety and rehabilitation.
The 2014 Seacare Conference combined with the Comcare National Conference from 9-11 September 2014.
For further information about the Comcare National Conference, visit the Conference website.
The objectives of the Seacare Conference are to:
- update participants on the scheme’s performance, legislative developments and other current industry issues
- deliver relevant and practical information and strategies to assist organisations to develop and improve their health and wellbeing programs and best practice claims management processes
- provide participants with professional development and networking opportunities.
Who should attend?
The Seacare Conference and Awards will aim to attract over 150 industry
- OHS managers/officers
- human resource managers/officers
- rehabilitation providers
- trainers and educators
- insurance providers
- legal professionals
- union representatives
- health and safety representatives
- shipowners and/or operators