- Seacare home
- Compensation Legislation
- Seafarers Safety Net Fund
- Permanent Impairment
- Seacare approved industry training courses
- Seafarers Act Commentary
- Statutory rates
- Forms & Publications
- Employer Reporting
Freedom of Information
The objects of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) are to give the Australian community access to information held by the Commonwealth Government by:
- requiring agencies to publish information
- providing for a right of access to documents.
This right of access is subject to certain exemptions contained in Part IV of the FOI Act. You also have a right to ask for information that Seacare holds about you to be amended if it is incomplete, out of date, incorrect or misleading. All decisions made under the FOI Act must be made by an authorised decision maker.
Information Publication SchemePart 2 of the FOI Act establishes the Information Publication Scheme (IPS) for Australian government agencies subject to the Act. The IPS commenced on 1 May 2011 and requires agencies to publish a broad range of information on their websites, and to make that information available online where possible.
Seacare has prepared a Draft Agency Plan as required by section 8(1) of the FOI Act. The Plan describes how Seacare proposes to implement and administer the IPS in respect of its own information holdings, by addressing:
- The establishment and administration of Seacare's IPS contribution.
- Information architecture.
- Information required to be published.
- Other information to be published (additional information).
- Accessibility of information.
Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available from the agency. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information held by government.
Use the following links to access our publication scheme:
The Forms & Publications area is divided into the following areas:
From 1 May 2011 Seacare is required by the FOI Act to publish a register of information (disclosure log) that has been released in response to an FOI access request.
You can request information from the publication scheme by:
- sending an email to IPS@comcare.gov.au
- phoning Seacare on 1300 366 979
- writing to the Information Accessibility Officer at Comcare, GPO Box 9905 Canberra ACT 2601