- Seacare home
- OHS Legislation
- Resources for Health and Safety Representatives
- Psychological resilience and mental health
- Compensation Legislation
- Seafarers Safety Net Fund
- Permanent Impairment
- Seacare approved industry training courses
- Seafarers Act Commentary
- Statutory rates
- Alternate dispute resolution
- Forms & Publications
- Employer Reporting
- Department of employment
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
2012 Seacare Award finalists announced
The Seacare Authority have announced the finalists for the 2012 Seacare Awards. Winners will be announced at the awards presentation on Wednesday 24 October 2012 at the Crystal Palace, Luna Park Sydney.
Nominations for the Seacare Awards are open to all employers, employees and others who contribute to the Seacare scheme. This will be the sixth time the Seacare Awards will be presented to acknowledge successful and positive initiatives by employers, operators, seafarers and others who are leading the way in best practice OHS, rehabilitation and return to work programs.
The finalists in each of the award categories are:
Category 1: Best Workplace Health and Wellbeing Program
- Farstad Shipping for Healthier by far!
- P&O Maritime Services for An innovative approach to the promotion of a healthier workforce
- Spirit of Tasmania for Look out, live well
Category 2: Best Workplace Health and Safety Management System
- ASP Ship Management for Integrated management system
- Toll Shipping for Stepping it up
Category 3: Best Solution to an Identified Workplace Health and Safety Issue
- ASP Ship Management for Three points of contact–introduction of backpacks
- Mermaid Marine Australia for Working in heat
Category 4: Best Individual Contribution to Workplace Health and Safety
- David Fethers, Operations Manager for Inco Ships
- Nick Woods, Onboard Safety and Support Program for Teekay Shipping Australia
- Roy Gillespie, QHSE Manager for Tidewater Marine Australia
Category 5: Best Health and Safety Representative of the Year
There were no finalists in this category.
Category 6: Best Rehabilitation and Return to Work Program
- Programmed Total Marine Services for Injured worker–return to work
- P&O Maritime Services for Felicio Guterres–proof that best practice produces the best outcome
- Spirit of Tasmania for The case of Stephen Oakley
Congratulations to all of the 2012 award finalists.More details can be found on the Seacare Awards page.