- Seacare home
- OHS Legislation
- Resources for Health and Safety Representatives
- Psychological resilience and mental health
- Compensation Legislation
- Seafarers Safety Net Fund
- Permanent Impairment
- Seacare approved industry training courses
- Seafarers Act Commentary
- Statutory rates
- Alternate dispute resolution
- Forms & Publications
- Employer Reporting
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Previous 1 Next
- Best practice guide - claims managment
This best practice guide has been prepared to assist employees, employers, insurers and other parties involved in the claims management process.
- Employee's guide to workers' compensation Seacare brochure #2
Provides an outline of seafarers' rights and responsibilities concerning workers' compensation.
- Employer's guide to workers' compensation Seacare brochure #3
Provides an outline of employers rights and responsibilities concerning seafarers' workers' compensation.
- Exemptions granted pursuant to S20A of the Seafarers Act 2018-19
The table in the below publication lists all exemptions granted under s20A of the Seafarers Act between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019. This list is updated on a quarterly basis.
- Guide to the Assessment of the Degree of Permanent Impairment (the Guide) Edition 2.1
The Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act provides for payment of lump sum compensation for permanent impairment and non-economic loss resulting from a work-related injury. The amount of compensation payable (if any) is to be assessed by reference to this guide.
For claims for permanent impairment lodged on and after 1 December 2011.
- Information for legal practitioners
This guide provides an outline of the workers' compensation process under the Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1992 for legal practitioners acting for claimants.
- Scheme insurers
Lists insurers servicing the Seacare scheme.
- Seacare Authority approved industry training courses
Training courses approved under section 3 of the Seafarers Act are relevant to the definition of an employee under the Act and the operation of the Seafarers Safety Net Fund (the Fund).
- Seacare Scheme - Statutory rates
The Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1992 (the Seafarers Act) specifies a number of compensatory benefits which are indexed periodically in accordance the Consumer Price Index, the Wage Price Index and the Average Weekly Ordinary Time Earnings for Full Time Adults.
- Seafarers safety net fund - Return and levy payment procedures
The levy is payable by an employer who employs or engages seafarers on prescribed ships which are subject to the application of the Seafarers Act. These Acts and Regulations prescribe procedures for the lodging of a return providing details of berths and details of the amount of levy to be paid and the payment of the levy.
Previous 1 Next