- Seacare home
- OHS Legislation
- Resources for Health and Safety Representatives
- Psychological resilience and mental health
- Compensation Legislation
- Seafarers Safety Net Fund
- Permanent Impairment
- Seacare approved industry training courses
- Seafarers Act Commentary
- Statutory rates
- Alternate dispute resolution
- Forms & Publications
- Employer Reporting
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
On 11 April 2019 the Australian Government assumed a caretaker role, with an election to be held 18 May 2019.
Information on websites maintained by Comcare will be published in accordance with the Guidance on Caretaker Conventions until after the election and conclusion of the caretaker period.
Prohibition of the Use of Asbestos in Australian Maritime Industry Workplaces - Guidance Information
On 31 December 2003 regulations to prohibit the use of asbestos in Australian maritime industry workplaces, made under the Occupational Health and Safety (Maritime Industry) Act 1993 (OHS(MI) Act), commenced. These regulations are incorporated as Part 2 Hazardous substances in the Occupational Health and Safety (Maritime Industry)(National Standards) Regulations 2003.
The Seacare Authority has produced guidance to assist operators meet their obligations under the new regulations.