- Seacare home
- Compensation Legislation
- Seafarers Safety Net Fund
- Permanent Impairment
- Seacare approved industry training courses
- Seafarers Act Commentary
- Statutory rates
- Forms & Publications
- Employer Reporting
- Department of employment
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
The Seacare Authority's HSR Handbook was launched at the inaugural Seacare HSR Forum 2008 on 25 September 2008 in Melbourne. The handbook aims to assist health and safety representatives (HSR)s and other seafarers understand the role and responsibilities of a HSR.
The HSR Handbook (Full version) provides guidance and information on:
- the Seacare legislative framework
- OHS responsibilities in the Seacare jurisdiction
- workplace OHS arrangements
- powers and responsibilities of HSRs
- the powers of the OHS Inspectorate.
The HSR handbook also provides:
- a number of scenarios and related flowcharts
- a comprehensive section on risk management (sourced from Comcare's recently approved OHS Code of Practice 2008)
- reference information (such as relevant legislation, guidance and standards) and contact information
- blank and completed provisional improvement notices (PIN).
This publication is available for distribution to all HSRs, interested seafarers and key operator / employer personnel and employer and employee representatives. Copies will also be distributed to those undertaking Seacare Authority accredited HSR training courses.
The HSR Handbook (Short version), which condenses the content of the full version of the handbook, would be appropriate for general distribution (such as to onboard employees).
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org.